The business litigation practice operates with one common goal; favorable results for the business client, protecting them from vexatious litigants and Plaintiff’s attorneys. The firm pledges to zealously defend the client; to exercise any and all legal rights and remedies to bring about favorable results. The firm’s business litigation team carries with them years of experience in commercial litigation, having litigated several complex commercial disputes and legal issues. Recently, the firm obtained a jury verdict in a commercial dispute between owners of over 1.6 million dollars. The verdict was one of the largest jury verdict awards in recent years in Franklin County.
In the normal course of business, businesses and entrepreneurs frequently find themselves in situations where a seasoned attorney’s guidance, advice, and skill set may be needed to assist them. Beyond being directly sued, growing businesses often must deal with employee disputes, intellectual property claims, breach of contract cases, governmental compliance, and a wide variety of other issues. These matters are the exact types of issues that the attorneys at Anthony Law seek to solve.
Our goal is to collaborate with our client to come up with solutions to bring about favorable results.
Our attorneys have experience in all facets of commercial litigation including:
Partner and Ownership Disputes
Real Estate Litigation
Intellectual Property Disputes
Breach of Fiduciary Duty Issues
Mechanics & Other Liens
Worker Classification Audits
Ohio Attorney General Issues
Ohio Civil Rights Commission Issues
Ohio Job and Family Services Issues
Professional & Officer Liability
Business Torts/Negligence Litigation
Consumer Sales Defense Litigation
· Lead trial attorney for Chinese manufacturer in action against former employee of U.S. subsidiary; obtained jury verdict of over $100,000 in compensatory damages for civil theft and breach of contract, punitive damages of $45,000 and attorney fees, and declaratory judgment declaring client to be 100% owner of U.S. subsidiary
Li Cheng v. Timothy Haney, et al., Delaware C.P. No. 14-CV-H-10-0735 (Sep. 29, 2017)
· Obtained temporary restraining order preventing former employee of client, a security and locksmith company, from soliciting customers in violation of employment contract and Ohio law
All Secured Security Services LLC v. Arthur William Ballantyne IV, et al., Licking C.P. 2017-CV-00680 (June 23, 2017)
· Obtained summary judgment dismissal on behalf of employer from former employee alleging retaliation for filing workers’ compensation claim under §§ 4123.01, et seq.
Kristi Hess v. Practice Management LLC, Franklin C.P. No. 16-CV-000739 (June 9, 2016)
· Obtained summary judgment dismissal on behalf of asphalt and paving company from plaintiff alleging negligence in causing damage to vehicle
Douglas A. Six v. Steve Geiger, et al., Franklin C.P. No. 13-CV-004511 (Mar. 10, 2016) (upheld on appeal, 2017-Ohio-7131, 10th Dist. Franklin No. 16-AP-000091)
· Obtained sanctions award pursuant to Civ.R. 11 and R.C. § 2323.51 against opposing plaintiff and attorney for over $18,000 in attorney fees incurred by client, a contractor, defending frivolous construction lawsuit in which plaintiff refused to attend depositions and offered falsified supporting documents in discovery
Matthew Vanderbuilt, et al. v. Capital Exteriors, LLC, Franklin C.P. No. 14-CV-002618 (Sep. 21, 2015)
· Trial co-counsel for real estate developers in contractual and fiduciary dispute with former business partners; obtained favorable jury verdict, judgment of compensatory damages of over $250,000, plus punitive damages of nearly $100,000 and attorney fees
Chad Pinnell, et al. v. Cugini & Capoccia Builders, Inc., Franklin C.P. No 09-CV-009496 (Nov. 16, 2015)
· Obtained summary judgment dismissal of claim brought by individual condominium unit owner contesting amendment to condominium association’s declaration and bylaws and removing common element tennis court
Hoffman v. Maisons Lafayette Condo. Block A Owners’ Ass’n, Hamilton C.P. No. A-1307424 (Jan. 29, 2014) (upheld on appeal, 2014-Ohio-4645, 1st Dist. Hamilton No. C‑140091)
· Reversed on appeal trial court’s dismissal of claims for negligent misrepresentation and fraud involving a third-party accountant’s liability for verifying falsified financial records
D&H Autobath, LLC, et al. v. PJCS Properties I, Inc., et al., 2012-Ohio-5845, 983 N.E.2d 891 (12th Dist.)
Our attorneys have appeared in numerous federal and state courts including: United States District Court Southern District of Ohio, United States District Court Eastern District of Michigan, Ohio’s 10th District Court of Appeals, Ohio’s 5th District Court of Appeals, Franklin County Common Pleas Court, Licking County Common Pleas Court, Delaware County Common Pleas Court, and Fairfield County Common Pleas Court as well as other courts of common pleas throughout Ohio.